|Return to New York|
|National Democratic Club||
|233 Madison Ave, New York, NY 10016|
The Joseph Raphael De Lamar House,
home of the National Democratic Club in 1923, now the Consulate General
of the Republic of Poland, at 233 Madison Avenue was designed by C.P.H.
Hilbert from 1902-05. This Beaux-Arts mansion, the largest in Murray
Hill and one of the grandest in all of New York, was designed as a
private residence for Joseph Rafael De Lamar, a Dutch-born maritime
Captain and copper mogul who made his fortune in the California Gold
The Joseph Raphael De Lamar House was designated a landmark by the New York City Landmarks Preservation Commission in 1975.
|National Democratic Club circa 1923||Consulate General of Poland circa 2009|